Monday, August 30, 2010

Rev. James Martin, S.J.: Glenn Beck vs. Christ the Liberator

Rev. James Martin, S.J.: Glenn Beck vs. Christ the Liberator: "I have no idea if President Obama espouses liberation theology. But I do. And for me it's personal. Between 1992 and 1994, I worked with East African refugees in Nairobi, Kenya, and participated in Catholic parishes who tried to help poor parishioners (i.e., all of them) reflect on their daily struggles through lens of the Gospel. And the Gospel passages that spoke of liberation for the poor were a lifeline to me and to those with whom I worked. Oh, and it's not only Jesus. His mother had something to say about all that, too. 'He has filled the hungry with good things,' says Mary in the Gospel of Luke, 'and sent the rich away empty.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home