Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Latest HuffPost Blog: Unlikely Saints: Stan Lee, Soupy Sales and the Golden Rule

Rev. Peter M. Wallace: Unlikely Saints: Stan Lee, Soupy Sales and the Golden Rule: "Decades after my first encounters with them, a couple of my childhood heroes have continued to lift my spirit and entertain my soul. These two people contributed, at least in some small way, to forming my belief system and maybe even my personality. Who are they?

Stan Lee and Soupy Sales.

Surprised? I'm serious."

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM , Blogger Richard said...

Excellent piece, sir.

It's pretty remarkable that Stan really does sound like the Stan's Soapbox columns...though as I think about it, I'm not sure why I'd have expected anything different.

Also, I'm proud to say that my father once examined Soupy Sales as a physician, and said Soupy was every bit as gracious and humble as you could possibly hope for. My dad saw a few celebrities in his professional capacity over the years...and even allowing for people's impulse to be intimidated or defensive toward a doctor, my dad saw cases where celebrities would throw their weight around and treat hospital staff like servants. But Soupy could not have been a sweeter or more generous guy, he said. Thought you might like to know he practiced what he preached, you should pardon the expression...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home