Monday, September 10, 2007

God as Their Running Mate - Kinsley in TIME

God as Their Running Mate - Michael Kinsley in TIME: "These days presidential candidates are required to wear their religion on their sleeve. God is a personal adviser and inspiration to all of them. They all pray relentlessly. Or so they say. If that's not true, I want to know it. And if it is true, I want to know more about it. I want to know what God is telling them--just as I would want to know what Karl Rove was telling them if they claimed him for an adviser. If religion is central to their lives and moral systems, then it cannot be the candidates' 'own private affair.' To evaluate them, we need to know in some detail the doctrines of their faith and the extent to which they accept these doctrines. 'Worry about whether I'm going to reform health care, not whether I'm going to hell' is not sufficient."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home