Tuesday, December 05, 2006

'FoxTrot' to Become a Sunday-Only Comic This Month

'FoxTrot' to Become a Sunday-Only Comic This Month: "Bill Amend will turn 'FoxTrot' into a Sunday-only comic starting Dec. 31 in order to devote more time to other creative pursuits, Universal Press Syndicate announced today.

Universal introduced Amend's daily/Sunday strip in 1988, and it passed the 1,000-newspaper mark in 1999. (Fewer than 20 comics have a four-figure client list.) 'FoxTrot' stars the Fox family, including brainy 10-year-old Jason.

'After spending close to half of my life writing and drawing 'FoxTrot' cartoons, I think it's time I got out of the house and tried some new things,' Amend said in a statement. 'I love cartooning and I absolutely want to continue doing the strip, just not at the current all-consuming pace.

'I’ve been blessed over the years with a terrific syndicate, patient newspaper clients, and more support from readers than I probably deserve, and I want to assure them all that while I'll be now a less-frequent participant on the comics pages, I'll continue to treat my visits as the special privilege they are.”

Fox Trot is one of my favorite strips. This is sad. Wonder what he'll be up to next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home