Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Well, I held off as long as I could

Well, I am a sucker, I admit. I already own an iMac, MacBook, and iPhone, and I'm been anxiously awaiting the debut of the iPad--but figured I'd wait a while. So I went to the Apple store yesterday just to check it out, play with it... and of course ended up buying one. Thankfully I had a freelance copywriting payment that covered the cheapest model and I didn't get any accessories. Yet.

The Apple store (Lenox Mall) was buzzing, but they had several iPads in stock and there wasn't any line, though the guy said Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were  crazy, as was Tuesday morning. He helped me set it up right in the store and I was good to go.

I played with it all evening, synced it up, and downloaded a bunch of free iPad apps, which are very cool, including the Marvel, Comixology, iVerse, and Comic Zeal comics reading apps (the only app I actually paid for is the new version of Comic Zeal for iPad). I got several eBook apps, newspaper apps (some of the news apps are really nice), Zinio magazines (I already had an account--they are spectacular on the iPad).

The only problem I had was watching the ABC video app, which froze up and I had to reset the iPad--freaked me out at first, but I understand some of these new apps are buggy. I'm sure they'll sort it out. Also, it does seem that the WiFi signal is a bit weaker on the iPad than any other computer when you get to the furthest reaches of the house, but it wasn't a problem.

So far I haven't regretted it in the least!

1 Comments:

At 1:51 AM , Blogger Richard said...

What a surprise this is after all those posts you've made over the past few days suggesting a complete lack of interest in the iPad... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home