Thursday, April 02, 2009

Our Lent - Day 32

Our Lent Partners: Peter Wallace: "I invite you to read Psalm 131
'But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.' (Psalm 131:2)

An infant is, by nature and necessity, one of the most self-absorbed creatures on earth. When she is hungry, she must have mother’s milk. She demands it. She isn’t satisfied until she gets it. But as the infant grows, is weaned, and become more mature, her self-focused demands are not quite as loud.

The psalmist had come to understand this personally. Rather than demanding to be fed, he was content simply to be held by God as though in his mother’s arms. Affection is shared. He rests in the loving trust that has been established."

Click to read the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home