Friday, October 10, 2008

TVBizWire -"V" returning to ABC?

TVBizWire - TVWeek: "ABC is developing an update to the 1980s miniseries 'V,' which was about alien lizards come to earth, Daily Variety reports. The update is written by Scott Peters, co-creator and executive producer of 'The 4400.' Warner Bros. TV will serve as producer as it did for the original and Jace Hall will serve as executive producer along with Peters, Variety says. Hall will also help with expanding the franchise through other platforms, including video games. The original ā€œVā€ was a huge ratings success in 1983 and a sequel and a weekly series followed during the 1984-85 season."

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Blogger Anna said...

Hi Peter,

I like all your blogs, but as someone with way too much interest in popular culture, I especially like this one. I loved the series V in its first incarnation and although I was a kid then so my taste in tv was a bit less than fully formed, I have recently seen some of it again and it holds up surprisingly well. It will be interesting to see what they do with updating the material.

I enjoyed meeting you at the Beloved Community conference and I appreciate your comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon,

Anna Hall

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home