Monday, September 01, 2008

Lynn Johnston to retell story of 'For Better or For Worse' | ajc.com

Lynn Johnston to retell story of 'For Better or For Worse' | ajc.com: "The creator of the popular comic “For Better or For Worse” has had a change of heart and isn’t retiring after all. Lynn Johnston announced recently that, starting today, “For Better or For Worse” will be retold in a blending of repeat and new comic strips.

Not long ago, Johnston, 61, had planned to retire this year and offer mostly reruns of her 29-year-old comic strip. But her life changed when she got divorced. “At this time in my life, I thought I would be on a cruise ship to Panama or the Mediterranean, retired with my Tilley hats, my sneakers. But I’m a single lady now, and I want to keep working,” she said in a video posted on YouTube.

As of this month, Johnston said, “For Better or For Worse” is a mix of old and new comics, but the new comics, which she called “new-runs,” are drawn in a retro style. “I want it to flow into the classic material seamlessly,” she said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home