Thursday, April 10, 2008

John Carter of Mars To Get Pixar Touch

John Carter of Mars To Get Pixar Touch: "One of my favorite discoveries in my father's box of pulp was a complete collection of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter of Mars series. The story of a Confederate soldier who, through a mysterious gas, finds himself transported to Mars, where the lower gravity makes him superhuman and (eventually) a king, I've always thought this series would be an excellent choice for the Hollywood treatment.

Now it looks like I might get my wish. Pixar, creators of the Toy Story films, are looking to do A Princess of Mars as their next project. They intend on filming the novel as a combination of live action and computer animation... a first for them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home