Friday, February 08, 2008

George Martin, PBS go 'On Record'

Martin, PBS go 'On Record' - Hollywood Reporter: "PBS and Wildheart Entertainment are producing 'On Record: The Soundtrack of Our Lives,' an eight-hour miniseries that documents the history of recorded music and popular culture.

'On Record' is scheduled to air in fall 2010 on PBS and will feature interviews and footage with hundreds of artists ranging from Frank Sinatra to Jay-Z. Beatles producer George Martin will host, and Kevin Spacey will narrate.

'(This) is a project intrinsically dear to my heart and one that I have been developing with Wildheart Entertainment for over five years,' Martin said. 'I am just thrilled that PBS has joined us as our primetime broadcaster. 'On Record' affords me the opportunity to work again with so many of the artists I have worked with throughout my life and to tell a story that has never been told in such a comprehensive way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home