Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Al Peterson's Aircheck: Oprah gets a TV network

From today's NTS Aircheck by Al Peterson:

The Power Of "The O" Grows: The mega-brand that is Oprah Winfrey is set to expand yet again with the development of OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, a new 24/7 TV channel set to launch next year. The venture, which will be developed in cooperation with Discovery Communications, will debut in 2009 in more than 70 million cable television homes on what is now the Discovery Health Channel. In addition to providing her talent and personal commitment, Winfrey will have full editorial control over the joint initiative and will be responsible for OWN's programming, branding and creative vision. "Fifteen years ago, I wrote in my journal that one day I would create a television network, as I always felt my show was just the beginning of what the future could hold," said Winfrey." For me, the launch of 'The Oprah Winfrey Network' is the evolution of the work I've been doing on television all these years and a natural extension of my show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home