Tuesday, August 07, 2007

NYPost: NYT to dump TimesSelect

TIMESSELECT CONTENT FREED--nypost.com: "The New York Times is poised to stop charging readers for online access to its Op-Ed columnists and other content, The Post has learned.

After much internal debate, Times executives - including publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. - made the decision to end the subscription-only TimesSelect service but have yet to make an official announcement, according to a source briefed on the matter.

The timing of when TimesSelect will shut down hinges on resolving software issues associated with making the switch to a free service, the source said."

Lord, I hope this is true. I subscribe to the weekends but have NEVER been able to get the TimesSelect feature to work on my Mac at home or work. When I try to log-in, it tells me to sign up. When I sign up, it says I'm already signed up. I can never get to the content. I worked with NYT techies for weeks on the problem, and they finally proclaimed it "fixed." But it never was. Very frustrating. Free Frank Rich!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home