Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Evanier announces TWO Kirby books

news from me: "As many of you know, I've been working on a biography of Jack that might be described as 'authorized' and/or 'official.' I don't think of it either way. I'm thinking of it as Mark setting down every possible thing I've learned from or about Jack. Anyway, this book in its present state is huge. It makes the Encyclopedia Americana look like one of those take-out menus they hang on your doorknob...and it's still growing. I recently came across a trove of info about employees in the Simon and Kirby studio and I haven't even been able to begin sorting through that material and incorporating it into the book.

I finally decided that the endeavor was getting too large and taking too long...so I'm turning it into two books. Jack is just too big a topic for one book."

Check out the details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home