Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Comics Curmudgeon: Mary Worth in Vietnam

The Comics Curmudgeon has today's strip in this latest adventure which I have found rather bizarre myself: "Wow, so Mary's arrived in Vietnam! And she's managed to check into that country's most cracker-tastic hotel! It looks like our bow-tie wearing desk clerk has only been Asian-ized thanks to a last-minute introduction of 'sallow' by the coloring sweatshop gnomes, who are themselves no doubt based somewhere in Southeast Asia (though probably not Vietnam, as wages there are too high; I'm thinking Myanmar).

The happy Aryan couple in the background of panel two sure are excited to start their Vietnamese adventure; in fact, the redhead looks particularly excited, if you know what I mean. And I think you do."

Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home