Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Comics This Week

I am trying to keep my spending to a minimum, and so I put a number of new books back on the shelves this week, but I still had some major purchases:

- Union Jack #1 from Marvel, a 4-part limited series. I enjoy this B character so we'll see what the modern take is.

- Marvel Spotlight on Kirby and Lee. Most of the books in this series have focused on modern day writers and artists, so this is a kick. Full length interview with Stan and a tribute to Kirby. With lots of illos.

- Godland Trade paperback Vol. 2. I picked up the individual copies of the first half of this series, which is like Kirby on acid. Great fun. Love Tom Scioli's work. I skipped the individual issues to wait for this collection.

- The Batman Chronicles Vol. 2. This is DCs second in a series presenting "Every Batman story in exact chronological order!" The first vol. was great fun, and these stories, unlike the first volume, I don't know if I've ever read before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home