Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Chabon Sings!

The Amazing Website of Kavalier & Clay posts a link to an mp3 that is slightly embarrassing to the Pultizer-Prize winning author of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay (and my pal) Michael Chabon: "An MP3 has surfaced of Michael Chabon on vocals in a 1980s Pittsburgh punk band called The Bats.

Sam Matthews, who played guitar for the band, posted the MP3 on his MySpace page earlier this week. The song, 'Yesterday Does Not Rule,' was recorded in June 1984.

'Yes, it is me, I'm sorry to say,' Chabon said in an e-mail. 'Oy, vey, I sound AWFUL! The other Bats all sound pretty good, but I totally ruin the track. How embarrassing! Thank God I never pursued that line of work any further!'

Other band members included Lee Skirboll on bass, Mark Magee Miller on drums, and Ruth Ann Schmidt on guitar."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home